Olive Wood Salad Servers with Bone Handles, White with Etching Design
Artfully carved from a single piece of wild olive wood using simple hand tools, this rustic pair of wooden salad servers showcase the beautiful natural wood-grain, contrasted by white cow bone handles with traditional natural African line art.
Each piece is approximately 11-inches in length. Due to the hand carved nature, actual size may vary by up to an inch.
- Care: Hand wash only. Periodically treat wood with food-grade mineral oil or olive oil to maintain their beauty and luster.
- 2-Piece Set
Because these are made by hand using rudimentary hand tools, no two are identical and variations are to be appreciated and enjoyed by the consumer.
- Socially responsible product assortments that is empowering consumers to purchase according to their values and help alleviate poverty.
- Fair Trade is so much more than a product assortment. It's about safe workplaces, fair wages + community investment for factory employees.
- Package includes: 1 Set
- Colors: Natural
- Materials: Ethically handmade in Kenya from wood and bone
- Handles are from highly polished and sanitized cow bone, sourced from natural causes
- Dimensions: 10 to 12 inches long; 2.5-inches to 3-inches wide
Meet the Artisans
Working with more than 100 individual carvers in Machakos, Kenya,Jedando Modern Handicrafts markets african handicrafts primarily made of wood and bone worldwide. Carving is a tradition in Kenya with the children learning the craft from their parents. Carved by hand using only rudimentary hand tools, olive wood bowls, salad serving sets, and animal-shaped napkin rings take shape from pieces of olive wood, mahogany, and mpingo, or "African Ebony".